David Stockman is the ultimate Washington insider turned iconoclast. He began his career in Washington as a young man and quickly rose through the ranks of the Republican Party to become the Director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Ronald Reagan. After leaving the White House, Stockman had a 20-year career on Wall Street.
Stockman’s career in Washington began in 1970, when he served as a special assistant to U.S. Representative, John Anderson of Illinois. From 1972 to 1975, he was executive director of the U.S. House of Representatives Republican Conference. Stockman was elected as a Michigan Congressman in 1976 and held the position until his resignation in January 1981.
He then became Director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Ronald Reagan, serving from 1981 until August 1985. Stockman was the youngest cabinet member in the 20th century.
Although only in his early 30s, Stockman became well known to the public during this time concerning the role of the federal government in American society.
After leaving government, Stockman joined Wall Street investment bank Salomon Bros. He later became one of the original partners at New York-based private equity firm, The Blackstone Group. Stockman left Blackstone in 1999 to start his own private equity fund based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Stockman was born in Ft. Hood, Texas. He received his B.A. from Michigan State University and pursued graduate studies at Harvard Divinity School.
He lives in Aspen, Colorado, with his wife Jennifer Blei Stockman. They have two daughters, Rachel and Victoria.
For more, check out David Stockman's Contra Corner.
- Sleepy Joe’s Next $3 Trillion Boondoggle
- Free Lunches for All
- David Stockman on Janet Yellen’s Return and the Financial Storm Ahead…
- Here’s Why Goldman Sachs’s Projected Post-COVID “Rally” is Risibly Corrupt
- Gridlock Is Good—Except In The Jaws Of Massive Public Debts
- David Stockman on Why A Fiscal Demise is Certain No Matter Who Wins the Election
- David Stockman on the Mother of All Stock Market Manias
- David Stockman on the Economy’s Role in The Upcoming Presidential Election
- David Stockman on How the Stock Market Got to be Out of Touch with Reality
- A Rogue Institution and a Clear and Present Danger to Liberty in America
- David Stockman: The Biggest Threat to Your Prosperity and What You Can Do
- David Stockman on the Fed’s Death Blow to Private Savings
- David Stockman on What Could Happen If the Fed Loses Control
- David Stockman on Fiscal Disaster, Social Unrest, and the Presidential Election
- David Stockman on Inflation, Gold, and Personal Freedom in the Post COVID-19 World
- David Stockman on the Destruction of the Financial Markets and What it Means for You
- David Stockman on the Real Reason Why the Government Shutdown Caused an Economic Collapse
- David Stockman on What Triggers the Next Financial Collapse
- David Stockman on How Trump Could Really Make US Industry Competitive Again
- David Stockman on What an Audit of the Federal Reserve Could Really Reveal
- David Stockman on How the Deep State Really Works
- David Stockman on War with Iran, Oil, and the 2020 Election
- David Stockman on How the US Went from America First to Empire First
- David Stockman on the Coming Financial Panic and the 2020 Election
- David Stockman on an Unprecedented Collapse of the Global Financial System
Other articles from this contributor:
Making the Most of Your Personal Freedom and Financial Opportunity Around the World